Monday, August 25, 2008

Follistim works too well!

At my US appointment this morning, I had 8 follies that are mature enough to ovulate. So, the IUI has been cancelled! I can't believe this! First I get bad side effects (cysts and thin lining), now I produce too many eggs! I just can't win...The NP said if I was doing IVF, it would be perfect. Too bad my insurance doesn't cover it and we aren't rich! This sucks......
She also said "no intercourse for 1 week". Part of me wants to try anyways, but I also know that would be a huge mistake if we got PG with HOM. Now we wait til AF shows again and try it with much lower doses of Follistim.
Only two more cycles left that my insurance will cover until I either become PG or miscarry. Yippee!!! :(

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am sorry:( That really sucks!!!!! I don't know if I would be able to not 'try' at all...but having multiples would not be the best...

Happy said...

My parents had a friend who ignored the no sex thing and ended up with quintuplets. It was REALLY hard on them emotionally and financially. So hard, they ended up divorced. Really a sad story.