Thursday, March 3, 2011

March!!

Wow, I can't believe it's already March!  Sorry I haven't posted in over a month.  To be honest, I just haven't felt like it!  Nothing too exciting going on.  I'm definitely not pregnant or anything! 
I decided to ask Dr. H if I could get an ultrasound done to make sure that I wasn't getting cysts from the low dose clomid that I've been on (50mg day 3-5).  He said okay and I had it done p+9.  It showed multiple cysts on both ovaries, with the largest being 43mm (almost 2 inches)!  I had repeat US done at cd3 and that showed the cysts had all shrunk, down to 13mm for the largest.  I finally got a call regarding Dr. H's recommendations today...he doesn't think the cysts were from the clomid, that the cysts are inconsequential, and he believes I ovulated last cycle.  He wants me to continue with the clomid next cycle (too late this cycle, I'm already on cd9). 

Something else that I've come across within the last week or so is embryo donation/adoption.  Both DH and I are open to the idea of adoption.  Reading about this got me really thinking and a little excited.  We've never really thought IVF was for us for a few reasons:  cost and the possibility of having extra embryos that we would never use.  It's all very new to me, so I need to continue to do more research.  I've briefly discussed with DH and he is very interested as well.  I've also told my mom and sister about it and they think it sounds good too.  Do any of you readers have any experience with receiving donor embryos?  Obviously I have my own views about it, but am open to hearing others experiences!

3 comments:

Crazy Cowans said...

Hi I did not know a whole lot about EA but I do read a few blogs that have done it this one http://agreateryes.blogspot.com/ could and would answer any thing she could

http://friesentriplets.blogspot.com/ this lady could prob help a lot too

and one more http://rachelandclint.blogspot.com/

they all also have links to EA info! Hope it helps good luck!

Jessica said...

Sorry I don't know about embryo adoption, but it sounds like an exciting possibility!

I tried one round of clomid last summer and then cysts showed up on the ultrasound...it sucks not knowing if they were there before or after the meds. My doc put me on birth control pills to dissolve them and balance out my hormones. Keep us updated! Praying for you.

shocks said...

Thank you so much for the links!!! It makes me feel so much better reading other Christians experiences with EA!!

I'm just gonna trust my doctor that the cysts are not a big deal. I don't think I've really felt them, so maybe he's right?!