Monday, August 30, 2010

tired of being tired

Tomorrow is two weeks out from my laparotomy.  I'm much better than when I left the hospital, but I still have a long way to go.  It's very hard to not use your abs when doing practically everything!  My whole entire back is starting to get super sore.  My tummy is still tender to touch 1-2 inches above the incision up to my belly button.  I have a hard time sleeping on my back or sides and definitely won't be sleeping on my stomach for a long time!  I still get winded pretty easily, which sucks!

Now for what I am able to do...I can do stairs fairly easily.  Getting up from sitting and lying down is much easier.  I can lift and carry light stuff.  I will be calling my clinic tomorrow to check-in with them. 
My husband and mom and I carried one of our couches downstairs to the extra bedroom so I would have a place to hang out during the day.  It's been nice to have a spot to get away from DH while he's working upstairs.

I'll update tomorrow if I hear anything exciting from my doctor's office!

No comments: